“Historical Cemetery, East of Carr’s Pond Road, 36 burials with 0 inscriptions, On Macera’s place (the old Straight Farm). The Straight cemetery is all fieldstones. The Spencers buried 4 people on the west side of this cemetery. … Henry Straight’s family and others are buried here…”
–database cemetery description–
In the cemetery database numbering system used at the end of the 20th century, when a cemetery was known to exist somewhere in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, but the exact location was not known, the cemetery was given a 500 number. The database people, not knowing the location of the Straight Cemetery, gave the No. 510 to the Straight Cemetery. The No.10 number was mistakenly assigned to the Bailey family cemetery (East Greenwich historical cemetery No.4) extension. The Bailey Family cemetery No. 4 is located north of Middle Road. The Straight Cemetery is located south of Middle Road.
An interesting note is a Spencer descendent, Huldah (1833-1910), married a Bailey descendent, Daniel (1819-1900), and this is the couple buried in the Bailey family No. 4 cemetery extension. East Greenwich area descendents of the Baileys and the Spencers continue to share a close bond and historical tie today (21st Century).
No. 510 lifted from the internet in 2001 is the following: STRAIGHT-SPENCER LOT HISTORICAL CEMETERY #: EG510 EAST GREENWICH
Following reference pages, lifted from the internet June 2002, shows the EG 510 as the temporary number for the East Greenwich Historical Cemetery on the Straight-Spencer Lot. (Note that No. EG009 –descendents of William and Mary (nee Manchester) Spencer–the Spencer Family Cemetery is also on this list.)